What are macros in Excel
Excel is Very powerful tool, it also has beautiful presentation capabilities that helps us easy in analyzing data.
In addition to data presentation capabilities Excel also has a programming capability, Yes, we can write software program within excel, we can write set of instructions inside Excel application to perform certain task on click of button or on pressing short cut keys, and this programming capability is popularly known as Excel macros. It is also known as VBA programming
You can create Macros in Excel Without any programming knowledge.
Yes, You can create excel macros without any programming knowledge also, there is option called record macros in Excel.
How to create a macro in Excel
- You can record macro in Excel, and Excel will create code for you
- You can create a macro in excel by writing VBA code
for option 1) above you do not need any programming knowlde, Excel creates code for you, but you can make slight code changes. you can create macro to run a set of repetitive work.
for option 2) you should have VBA programming knowledge or you can hire a programmer like me to get your job done :-)
Recording a macro :
What is the use of recording a excel macro, or how does record macro in excel help us ?
By recording a task or set of tasks in Excel, we can call the recorded task to perform the same task again on pressing the shortcut key we assigned to the recorded macro.
Let us take a example :
task 1 ) if you wanted to find "john" and replace with "mike" in all the worksheets of a workbook
task 2) after find replace in step 1, you wanted to format row 2 from column A to G with grey back color
task 3) Add sum function in Cell E20
..... and many more tasks
If you want to repeat the same tasks for multiple workbooks or multiple sheets Record macro, assign a name to macro, run the excel macro and excel macro will do the job for you.
How to record a macro
Thre are two options to record a macro, you can limit the scope to only for that work book or select option "personal macro workbook" if you select the personal macro workbook option you will be able to run the macro from any open workbook.
1. Click on Developer tab, (if you do not see the developer tab, Please search for "how to enable developer tab in Excel" you will get a lot of videos showing how to enable developer tab)
2. Click on Record macro icon, it will popup a dialog to
- a) enter name for macro, by default it will have macro1, 2 ... you can enter a name that best describes the set of functions you want excel to repeat for you.
- b) short cut, normally we can enter ctrl + m because in windows within excel This combination is not assigned for any other task, ctrl + c = copy , ctrl + v = paste, ctrl +m is not assigned, so we can use this combination to run the maro again.
- c) Scope of macro, Work book limited or "personal macro workbook"
3. Perform the tasks you wanted to repeat after completing the tasks, click on Developer Ribbon tab, click on Stop Recording
Your macro is recorded now.
How to run the Recorded macro
Do you want to create macro by yourself and need help ?, or do you want us to create macros for you, let us know we are here to help you
Chat with us Now! We are online!!!
Chat window is at the Bottom Right corner...
What are capabilities of macros?
Macros can do almost everything a computer program can do, here are the few listed.
1 . Excel Macro can do all the tasks that we can do manually in Excel
2. Import/Export data from external sources such as Sharepoint, text files, databases etc..
3. DDE, RTD Real time data automation, it can do automated trading also.
4. Read data from API's, it can read data from remote API's
5. It can perform simulation calculations
6. It can read data from multiple files, find replace in multiple files
7. Connect to external system such as SAP, CAD etc
8. We can develop a entire end to end applications such as inventory, crm, project management, financial modeling and many more...
9. Send out emails, read outlook emails, automate to ms word from excel, create powerpoint automation from excel generate powerpoint slides from excel
10. many more .... no limit for macros it can do almost everything a program can do.
Instant refund if issue not resolved
Who we are
We are a Team of Seasoned Software Experts Having Rich Experience in Developing Enterprise class Applications. We are Experts in Excel, Advanced Excel, VBA Programming, MS Access database design, Development, SQL Server Development, SQL programming, VB.net winform/schedule tool development.
What we can do for you
1 . Online help for you, Click on Chat window at the right bottom cornet to chat with us Now!
2. Excel application application development
3. Excel vba help/development
4. Excel formula help
5. Pivot table/chart creation
6. Charts development
7. Advanced formulas
8. Advanced filters
9. User form creation
10. Database connectivity programming, database development & program
11. Import / Export to sharepoint / SQL server, access databases
12. ADO Programming, ADO.net programming
13. data consolidation tools
14. File conversion tools: Excel to json, Excel to CSV, Excel to XML formats
15. File import and report generation tools, Read from XML. JSON, CSV, MS Access, SQL server
16. Project management templates development for your custom need
17. Inventory management Application in Excel or Access
18. Mail merge application from Excel to Word or PDF
19. Multi user applications Using Excel and Access combination
20. Excel data entry forms creation
20. Portfolio management database and Frequency distribution charts and Applications
21. Drill rig inspection database, 22) Customer service applications for automobile industry
Lot to list .....
Feel free to contact us for Help